I missed most of the red carpet last night but I did manage to see Lupita's dress! So pretty! Congrats on her award
O-P-U-L-E-N-C-E: YOU OWN EVERYTHING!
Iconic: Actors Lupita Nyong’o and Sidney Poitier attend the VF Oscar Party.
Photos Credit: BFA
1. I’m not here for autocorrect. Because no, you stupid motherfucker, I did not mean “duck” instead of “fuck”… I fucking meant fuck. Leave me alone.
2. I am not here for random people and their advice giving asses. I’m sorry, but I’m not sorry. I didn’t ask you how I should raise my child, nor did I ask you how you raised yours. I didn’t ask you how i should budget my money, nor did I ask you how you budget yours. If I don’t ask you, don’t advise me. Because that’s the quickest way to get told the fuck off. No. Just no.
3. Gas prices. I swear, the gas price will be 2.97… & when I actually need gas, it’ll be 3.36 or some shit. No. NO!
4. “THOT”… Whoooooo the fuck made that shit up? Seriously. Had to be a dude. I need to find him and castrate him. Thats seriously how much I despise that acronym because its not even a word. Its a fucking stupid ass acronym.
5. I’m not here for guys who hate make-up and weave, but love a celebrity or one of those IG famous girls who never have a bare face or their natural hair out. You saaaaay you want a girl with real hair & no make up. But when you see one, you say she don’t know how to take care of herself. Get the hell on.
6. I’m not here for people who still live in undergrad… who aren’t in undergrad still. If you peaked in undergrad, I’m sorry. But since you’re 30 now, you should prob let it go. You were beginning middle school when the new freshmen were BORN. So that’s a sign that you needa quit.
I’m done now. Thanks.
A few things about the whole Richard Sherman kerfuffle:
1) He and Michael Crabtree have had an ongoing beef going back at least to last summer
2) Literally less than 20 - 30min before the post game interview, Sherman and Crabtree had just had an on field altercation, and according to Sherman, another one minutes after the game
3) Also, literally less than 10min before the interview, Sherman had just made the winning deflection (in a close game) that ensured his team will go to the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl. As in, lifetime achievement realized. So yeah, he was amped up. Remember, while Sherman was speaking to Erin Andrews, he was very specifically addressing Crabtree: “I’m the best corner in the game. When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that’s the result you gonna get. Don’t you ever talk about me.”
4) Without touching too much on all of the racism set off by “big, scary Black man *terrifying* little blonde White woman,” Richard Sherman is hardly a “thug” (if you simply have to talk smack about Sherman, at least try to use more clever racial code words) Sherman graduated 2nd from his high school, scored 1400/1600 on the S.A.T. and is a Stanford University graduate with a communications degree
note: Sherman never stopped making eye contact with the camera, spoke clearly, never cursed, and answered clearly the questions he was asked. While his bravado was genuine, Sherman knew exactly what he was doing - amping up his Seattle fans, ensuring some guest spots on upcoming talk shows, and perhaps getting a cover deal for the next Sports Illustrated and Madden game (or WWE?). IMHO
The problem here is, America has been deeply conditioned to view Black people, particularly Black men, in a very narrow spectrum: smiling buffoon (who may also be a criminal) or angry thug (who is definitely a criminal) Or maybe a ‘Will Smith’ or a ‘Barack Obama’…if you’re wealthy enough. "Angry Black man" and "thug" .are such common stereotypes/tropes for BM that they’re almost Hollywood descriptions for castings. A White athlete showing the exact same demeanor would not be called a thug, an ape, and especially not a ni***r. We have a lot of categories we could place a White athlete into in this situation: hyped, exuberant, excited, over-the-top, beast-mode, etc.
In the end, it’s a game, and—after way too many suggestions to the contrary—even Erin Andrews has said she wasn’t afraid (look at the video again: did she look even remotely sacred?)
That’s my 2¢, Here’s Sherman in his own words
So my baby is here. And honestly as shitty as some parts of my pregnancy were, it was all worth it. I now understand how parents can place their child’s goals, dreams, etc ahead of their own. I felt that instant connection… from the final push & the doctor placed this beautiful baby boy on my stomach. I was absolutely in love.
I initially wanted him cleaned before I held him. But as soon as I saw that big ol head of curly/wavy hair, I wanted him near me. I wanted to hold him & never let go. I wanted to protect him from everything. My mommy instinct switched into overdrive. He’s my baby & always will be.
meanwhile terio is still not doing his homework. is this kid a second grade dropout? can you do that? where are his parents?
I’ve been thinking about this ask for a while and here’s what I’ve come up with;
Australia is pronounced “uh-STRAY-lee-ah” rather than “AWW-stray-lee-ah”
Melbourne is pronounced “MEL-bin”, not “mel-BORN”
Brisbane is “BRIS-bin”, not “BRIS-bay-n”
Canberra is “CAN-brah”, not “can-BER-rah”
"Yeah nah" means no
"Nah yeah" means yes
"Fanny" means vagina, not butt
No-one under the age of 60 actually says “G’day mate”
Pies are full of meat
This is fairy bread and everyone should experience it’s magic at children’s birthday parties
These are thongs
These are biscuits
Male kangaroos obviously don’t have pouches because males DON’T HAVE BABIES
Kangaroos don’t just hang around people’s houses they’re wild anim- Oh wait this is my driveway;
Paradise Falls, Venezuela
It’s actually named Salto Angel but whatever heyy
actually it’s none of those things. it’s the mount Roraima from canaima national park, venezuela.
source: i’m from venezuela
this is clearly paradise falls from up because i see the floating house in the background
pay attention guys
Although I do not mind giving advice and such on Tumblr and recognize that my advice is helpful to you, I do have to give sort of a PSA.
If you feel that you are immediately suicidal and such, please, please, please contact the suicide hotline and speak to someone directly:
These Grandfathers Getting Married Might Be The Best Thing You See Today
The New York Times first posted this video of two men who had been together since the Vietnam War, adopted a baby, became grandfathers, and finally got married.
Lewis Duckett and Billy Jones have been together a long time.
They were introduced through a mutual friend and…
They wrote just about every day when Billy was deployed to Vietnam.Via youtube.com
But they had to be careful, and wrote in code so their relationship was kept secret.
Then they adopted a child. They’re now grandfathers.
And last year this happened.
Which is pretty much the sweetest thing that ever happened.